System and Kernel Auditing Management for Unix and Linux
Built-in system and kernel auditing management is a reliable way to audit system activity, but…
- Each Unix/Linux variant has its own unique auditing, configuration, data collection and storage and reporting.
- Many lack management-friendly tools for configuration.
- Some have command line programs with complicated switches while others may require manual file editing.
- There are few programs for generating readable reports.
- There are no tools for collecting and generating auditing data from multiple different Unix variants.
Secure4Audit provides a simple, easy-to-use interface to your operating system’s built-in system and kernel auditing management capabilities, hiding the differences between Unix variants and allowing a standardized audit policy to be implemented.
- By providing a mechanism with which system administrators can identify key targets and events and assign priorities, the Secure4Audit filtering option lets you decide exactly what you need to track on your systems.
- By providing a configurable alerting function, you can always be notified you when selected events occur.
- By supporting multiple audit configurations, Secure4Audit also allows you to easily change the active policy in order to respond to demands.
- By storing all audit data in a consistent, system-agnostic form, you can aggregate across multiple Unix variants and easily generate combined system reports.